Delve 4/19 (Noobs night out)

For stuff not related to the current campaign

Moderator: DMs

Delve 4/19 (Noobs night out)

Postby RoundeyeSamurai » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:37 am

Okay. I am planning on running a Delve tonight (as previously discussed) and I am going to use this thread to track our participants, so I can better value the room/monsters etc... So far we have 6 interested in doing this, so I may not run my PC tonight, as it would be harder for me to track. The way delves work, in a quick note:

A delve is all bout the combat and the XP. Trying out new things, without any permanent repercussions to your character in the Realms.

People Interested are:

Mark - Changeling Ranger
Mike - Dragonborn Fighter
Winston - Half-elf Battlemind
Craig - Dragonborn Avenger
Xander -
Morgan - Human Mage
Myself (?) - Tiefling Warlock
I'm the DM, Deal with it!
RoundeyeSamurai

Re: Delve 4/19 (Noobs night out)

Postby astromor » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:59 am

I guess I am using my wizard. What are the other clases.
astromor

Postby RoundeyeSamurai » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:18 pm

astromor wrote:I guess I am using my wizard. What are the other clases.

If you want to try another character, put one together, because I think some of the others will be using their main character that you have already teamed with. I just put together a Dragonborn Avenger for Jukka, though I am not sure what Xander is going to play as, yet.
RoundeyeSamurai

Postby xandersdad » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:20 pm

there's a chance that xander and jukka will be on the same computer, which may make initiative and rolls a bit harder. I'll see what they have
xandersdad
Site Admin

Postby FrekldThunder » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Since we're including characters in delves that are not actually in the standard encounter party, I may want to introduce my Human Ranger Archer at some point in these delves.

Not tonight, but sometime.
FrekldThunder

Postby RoundeyeSamurai » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:08 pm

xandersdad wrote:there's a chance that xander and jukka will be on the same computer, which may make initiative and rolls a bit harder. I'll see what they have

I emailed the Avenger to Craigs email account. If they are on the same computer, there is a way to differentiate who is who based on tokens. You can right click your token and select 'Impersonate' and then put stuff in the chat log. That is how I have been making it seem like a monster says or does something. I need to import the character tokens still, but I have the first room of this delve setup in Maptools, which should take us the better part of the alloted time tonight. If we don't finish it by 10est, that is ok. Because a delve is like a mini-adventure, but outside of the campaign, there are multiple encounters in each. If we finish this encounter, and some other time, we want to delve again, we can move onto the next... I will have time to prep 1-2 today, but I doubt we will get that far, since Jukka and Xander will just be learning the ropes of the online portion of this, so at first it may be a little slow.
RoundeyeSamurai

Postby astromor » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:36 pm

A delve is one encounter right? So we should use our action point and daily power? I don't think we can get through more than one encounter with a bunch of people in the allotted time.
astromor

Postby RoundeyeSamurai » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:22 pm

astromor wrote:A delve is one encounter right? So we should use our action point and daily power? I don't think we can get through more than one encounter with a bunch of people in the allotted time.

A delve is actually a series of encounters, like a small campaign, but it can be run alongside a full campaign, as a practice/training tool. They are designed to be as flexible as the DM needs. Giving a tiny backdrop as to what is happening, some level specific monsters to fit the bill. Because it is open ended, we can run the single encounter (call it our mission) and then end there, without need of continuing on (as you would in a real adventure). But the good thing is, we can, if we want to delve again, move to the next encounter in the Delve, as if it were it's own mission again... not really having to tie it to any story, but being able to connect it in a general way to the first delve of that module.

In this you can use your encounter powers, and dailys, etc... without worry of it affecting your character from the main campaign. All of this delve will be like a flashback or group dream or something of the sort. Maybe you are all making up a story to pass the time during your extended rest. That way you can 'learn' from the 'story', but not take anything physical from it.
RoundeyeSamurai

Postby FrekldThunder » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:26 pm

Does that imply that we don't get experience from it either?
FrekldThunder

Postby RoundeyeSamurai » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:37 pm

FrekldThunder wrote:Does that imply that we don't get experience from it either?

We do get experience from it, that is why I put quotes around 'learn' from it.
RoundeyeSamurai

Next

Return to General topics