rotating DM

For stuff not related to the current campaign

Moderator: DMs

rotating DM

Postby xandersdad » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:11 am

I know that noodles has the next campaign lined up already, but are we conisdering doing a rotating GM? Noodles, do you want to run as a PC sometime?
I have actually purchased a campaign, so I could possibly run one after noodles' next
xandersdad
Site Admin

Re: rotating DM

Postby RoundeyeSamurai » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:33 am

xandersdad wrote:I know that noodles has the next campaign lined up already, but are we conisdering doing a rotating GM? Noodles, do you want to run as a PC sometime?
I have actually purchased a campaign, so I could possibly run one after noodles' next

I would like that a lot, I do have a PC that I would like to run, in fact I will be playing her in the Delve tonight (unless we have too many people). IN fact I am going to create a thread in this forum to track everyone who said yes to tonights delve. Then we can determine if we need two rooms. Also, rotating DM's is suggested in much of the literature, because it helps everyone learn the game better, and keeps it from getting stale for some people, as different DM;s will have different styles.
I'm the DM, Deal with it!
RoundeyeSamurai

Postby FrekldThunder » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:26 pm

I would also be willing to put myself in the rotating DM circle. I think it's a great idea.
FrekldThunder

Postby xandersdad » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:20 pm

noodles, do you want to jump into your next campaign after kobold hall? cause I can run mine next if you want. I figure I'll have lots of time to set up with the gears beta coming out for us next week
xandersdad
Site Admin

Postby FrekldThunder » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:24 pm

Winston, did you purchase a module from a bookstore, or do they sell virtual copies of such things?
FrekldThunder

Postby RoundeyeSamurai » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:32 pm

xandersdad wrote:noodles, do you want to jump into your next campaign after kobold hall? cause I can run mine next if you want. I figure I'll have lots of time to set up with the gears beta coming out for us next week

If you want to run yours, I would be more than happy to play my character in it. I hope it isn't the module I planned on playing :D I will PM you the name of the module I was going to use.
RoundeyeSamurai

Postby xandersdad » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:54 pm

i bought my campaign from amazon (paper and stuff). although i know they do sell digital copies
my module is the keep on shadowfell

edit- looks like noodles had the same module planned
xandersdad
Site Admin

Postby RoundeyeSamurai » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:14 pm

xandersdad wrote:i bought my campaign from amazon (paper and stuff). although i know they do sell digital copies
my module is the keep on shadowfell

edit- looks like noodles had the same module planned

The good news for you then, is we have the digital maps for import into Maptool. YAY!!!

I will get you the images you will need for it sometime over the next couple days (for the maps I mean). It will make the setup in Maptool so much easier. I have only read 2 encounters into the module, and have not read the backstory at all, so I don't know many spoilers.
RoundeyeSamurai

Postby Drawoc » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:48 am

sounds good to me...what would you do about the xp lose? or not worry about it?
Drawoc

Postby RoundeyeSamurai » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:20 am

Drawoc wrote:sounds good to me...what would you do about the xp lose? or not worry about it?

I don't think we need to worry about it if it is only a difference of a level, but if we swap out DM for Players and there is a considerable difference in level for those entering the next chapter, then at the DM's discretion (and yes, I read this in a book), a character can be leveled, but would start at the base XP for that level. For now I wouldn't worry about it too much, or there are other weighted factors we could use to balance things.

For Example:

5 Party members are level 2 and 1 is level 1. We can weight the XP division, to favor the lower level character in distribution, say 20% increase of 'piece of pie' per level difference. I am sure that if I sat down and figured out a matrix for it, it would be really simple. 20% was just an example, don't hold me to that.
RoundeyeSamurai

Next

Return to General topics