Encounter 5 - Discussion

first adventure!

Moderator: DMs

Re: Encounter 5 - Discussion

Postby astromor » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:35 pm

Goofus, Do you have any powers or ideas to get you into the battle sooner? I can hit stuff from the hallway so I am good in the back. I am hoping we can get a surprise round on the enemy so I would be good if everyone can do some damage in that surprise round.
astromor

Postby xandersdad » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:44 pm

I do actually have a the power of speed of thought, which allows me to move before anyone else upon my initiative roll.
I'm not sure i can add anything to the planning, as I know what's coming up
xandersdad
Site Admin

Postby FrekldThunder » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:45 pm

I'm corn-fused about Astro's plan. If Durzo goes in and is spotted, he's going to get attacked and then there goes our suprise. How do we explain that Draw is leading in prisoners if he's preceded by a party member?

I say we have Draw lead Rukt and Nook in as prisoners, Rukt causes a Rukt-us (see what I did there?) which will draw attention to him and hopefully give Durzo a chance to slip in unnoticed. Once Durzo sneaks behind/near the Boss, and Rukt and Nook are close, Draw gives them back their weapons and we launch full on.

If at any point Durzo is spotted, we have to drop the ruse and attack.

The idea should be a Durzo backstab and getting our tank (Rukt) in close. If anyone has a buff they could give Rukt before he goes in, that'd be lovely, because I've got no ranged attacks.
FrekldThunder

Postby astromor » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:53 pm

That does work better. My plan was to have you tell them to quit attacking Durzo so your idea is better because he doesn't need to get hit in the first place. Still, I am hoping you can talk your way into attacking range, if Durzo is spotted.

Oh yeah, If my assumptions are wrong then the plan should be to retreat back to the hallway to have a chokepoint with nook and rukt taking the lead. Goofus can swing around you.
astromor

Postby FrekldThunder » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:57 pm

Maybe I just tell Drawoc how to say, "Prisoners!" in Draconic, then I start Rukt saying "The rest of my group still lives, and are preparing a powerful magic weapon against you. If you let me go, I will tell you what it is and how to avoid it."

Maybe that will be all I need to say to get close enough for melee range.

Have Drawoc sort of kicking us across the room and we look all bloodied up. Did you say that we can create an illusion of some sort that will get us to look that way?
FrekldThunder

Postby astromor » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:01 pm

I edited my last post.
Yes, I can clean and dirty things with prestidigitation and I am a chick so should be able to do makeup to make you look like beat up prisoners.
You should cover you mouth so you can talk if you need to an pretend it is Draw. He will have a mask on so I assume you can be close enough to him to sound like it is coming some him. The biggest flaw in the plan will be keeping nook from attacking the first thing he sees with his cat.
astromor

Postby FrekldThunder » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Well, if I try to do anything elaborate with my voice, I'm sure Noodles is going to say that I need to run some Difficulty Check that applies to voice-throwing and with my saving throw d20 track record, I don't think you want that.

:lol: @ the cat comment.
FrekldThunder

Postby RoundeyeSamurai » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:29 pm

astromor wrote:I edited my last post.
Yes, I can clean and dirty things with prestidigitation and I am a chick so should be able to do makeup to make you look like beat up prisoners.
You should cover you mouth so you can talk if you need to an pretend it is Draw. He will have a mask on so I assume you can be close enough to him to sound like it is coming some him. The biggest flaw in the plan will be keeping nook from attacking the first thing he sees with his cat.

The cat belongs to Draw, not Nook. I think your biggest worry should be Winston going all jxjw on this room and rushing in regardless of the plan, like in Halo! :lol:
I'm the DM, Deal with it!
RoundeyeSamurai

Postby xandersdad » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:04 am

Good times, guys. I will post some stuff on the next campaign in a little bit
xandersdad
Site Admin

Postby astromor » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:57 am

We are the champions!!!

I take as many dragon scales as possible. With some, I make a dragon scale medallions and Arcane Mark "Slayer" on them. I then pin it on everyone.
I can put what ever someone wants on them actually. Any request?
astromor

PreviousNext

Return to Kobold Hall